Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Infant's Palate

"Hack Splutter Cough!"



I race from the kitchen to discover what delectable crumb or irresistible speck of paper 8-month-old Bumble has decided to choke on this time. Every day I can look forward to jamming my finger into her mouth to fish around for refuse a good six thousand times or so. Dust bunnies, wrappers, thread: scrumptious! Hair balls, price tags, cat food: delicacies!

No matter how often I vacuum, Bumble fills her days with elaborate military reconnaissance missions to search and destroy the one forgotten, fuzzy cheerio from under the edge of the sofa. It's funny that my anorexic baby can't seem to find the time or inclination to eat an actual meal, but she's so very eager to put everything in her mouth.



On a positive note, she did maul a strawberry to death this afternoon. That's progress, right?


3 comments:

Rachel said...

hello from truemomconfessions forum land!

my daughter doesn't eat much when it's just us, but as soon as a grandparent is around she acts like I never feed her and eats everything in sight!

FirstBornUnicorn said...

Wow! That high chair is gorgeous! Plus, Bumble is so cute. Her eyes are priceless! :)
<3 mlm

Rikki said...

What a doll face. I love the progression of strawberry mauling, very cute. Going through the list of blogs from DGM. Like your style of writing, very easy to read. I am adding you to favorites!

Keep on keeping!

Rikki

boogerskissesandspilledmilk.blogspot.com